Win This Space is a new Downtown Peterborough initiative in partnership with the Downtown Business Improvement Area (DBIA), Peterborough Economic Development (PED), StartUP Peterborough and Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) with more than 30 partners and sponsors. Win This Space concepts have been extremely successful in other Canadian cities with boosting economic development, stimulating new downtown storefront businesses and creating jobs.
This is how it works
- Send us your business pitch via a 1-3 minute video (by 4:00pm January 13th, 2017)
- Your idea could be selected as one of the 10 finalists (January 19th, 2017)
- The adjudicating committee will select the top 5 finalists. (February 9, 2017)
- Top entrepreneur selected at the Venue (February 16, 2017)
- The successful finalist wins a storefront in downtown Peterborough for 12 months free plus additional prizes! (Starting April 1st, 2017
You can apply to Win This Space if you:
- are 19 years of age or older;
- are legally living in the province of Ontario;
- have a business that is independently owned or owned by two people – No franchises or restaurants will be considered;
- are willing to commit to signing a minimum 1-year lease from one of the participating spaces.
How to enter Win This Space competition:
Submit your business idea in a 1-3 minute video explaining;
- Who you are
- What your business/product/service is
- What makes it awesome/unique
- Why you should win this competition
- Show us your personality and enthusiasm!
More details at http://winthisspace.com/