The Peterborough Police Service is thrilled to announce it has acquired its first Accredited Facility Dog to work with its Victim Services Unit as well as the Peer Support Team for its members.
Pixie, a three-and-a-half year old female Labrador Cross, is an accredited Facility Dog through National Service Dogs.
“Pixie is all about spreading calm and kindness not only to victims of crime and tragic circumstances but also to our members throughout the police station,” says Pixie’s primary handler, Victim Services Coordinator Alice Czitrom.
Our media partners are invited to attend the police station on Tuesday February 18, 2020 at 11 a.m. for a special media event where they will get meet and learn more about Pixie.
In the meantime, the Peterborough Police Service is running a contest for local Grade 1 students to tell us how they spread some, “Pixie Kindness” to their friends and classmates through either words or actions.
“We want to hear from local Grade 1 classes about what kind things they can do and say to others to spread some Pixie dust to make other feel good,” explains Ms. Czitrom.
Each class needs to come up with their best idea of how they like to spread kindness and make others feel good and then submit that idea to police either in the form of a video, poem, letter, piece of artwork or any other creative idea!
All submissions will be entered into a draw to win a special meet-and-greet with Pixie and Ms. Czitrom. Peterborough Police Chief Scott Gilbert will draw the winning submission during the media conference February 18, 2020.
- Open to all Grade 1 and split Grade 1 and 2 classes in the area served by the Peterborough Police Service (City of Peterborough, Ward of Lakefield and Township of Cavan Monaghan)
- Contest runs from Monday February 10, 2020 to Friday February 14, 2020 in time for Valentine’s Day.
- 1 submission per classroom.
- Please send your submissions by Friday February 14, 2020 at 3 p.m. to Lauren Gilchrist, Peterborough Police Service Media Relations and Communications Coordinator at email@example.com
- Submissions can be in the form of a letter, piece of artwork, poem short video or any other creative idea!
- Teachers are encouraged to share their submission on social media by tagging the Peterborough Police Service on Twitter @PtboPolice and using the hashtag #SpreadingPixieKindness